This course looks into the diverse aspects of community relations programs. Areas covered include an overview of the importance of school community communications, the role of the leader, communications with families, partnerships with the community, crisis communications, and evaluation of school community relations programs. This course will acquaint students with tools and resources for building a positive relationship with staff, parents, and the community at large. to The course looks at the followings:
Understanding Community Relations: some strategic issues.The Role of Communication in Community Relations. Culture and Cultural Competence in Community Relations. Rethinking Corporate Social Responsibility in volatile communities. Communication and skills for negotiating with government and communities. Practical steps in building good faith and trust relationship with the host community Company roles, responsibilities, and skills in community Relations.
1. DESCRIBING COMMUNITY RELATIONS
2. WHAT MAKES COMMUNITY RELATIONS IMPORTANT
3. MERITS OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS
4. TYPES OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS ACTIVITIES / HOW TO PRACTICE COMMUNITY RELATIONS
5. WHO IS A COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICER?
6. CHALLENGES LIKELY TO BE FACED BY A COMMUNITY RELATIONS
7. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Teacher: Oluwafisayo Abdul